“The markets will do whatever is necessary to surprise the greatest number of investors.” -“PappaDean” McGowan
The summer head fake surrounding the brief collapse in the Dow index to near 17,000 set the stage to underscore the wisdom of my father’s statement. This week’s new highs in the S&P 500 and Dow indexes provide important guidance for investors. We began liquidating under-performing positions into the strength of this week’s rally. For most investors, the opportunity to reduce risk from relatively high points in equity prices and certain fixed income sectors should be a focus for the summer planning season.
Tax planning updates: The summer is an ideal time to meet with your CPA. Completing extension filings and a preliminary 2016 return before the October rush can result in a more proactive process while CPA offices tend to have extra band width.
We look forward to Summer Planning Season and helping to coordinate your future success.
Featured Research Solutions:
Investors are invited to improve decision making with a comprehensive tour of global economics, indicators, and actual results.
- This Week’s Update From NetWorth Radio Guest Paul DeNoon On The Global Bond Market
- His Interview Early This Year in February 2016: Great Bond Advice!
- Mark Mobius discusses Brexit and its potential impact in emerging markets
Headline Round Up!:
*A chief economist at Deutsche Bank has something to say: The US economy is doing ok!
*M&A activity heating up: Exxon agrees to buy Interoil for over $2.5 billion dollars and Softbank buys ARM Holdings for $31 billion.
*EMC shareholders vote in favor to combine with Dell Computer – for a mere 60 billion!!
*Bank profits up or down? Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley beat expectations – but what’s the real story?
*Are we getting bored of housing gains? Not me-highest level in 9 years for existing home sales across the country!
*Computer glitch at Dallas based Southwest Airlines sends shares down over 10%.
*Time to say goodbye to an old friend: This month the Funai Corporation of Japan will no longer manufacture the VCR (mostly because they cannot find the parts).
Vital Fiduciary Obligations that You May Already Have!
Trustee Boot Camp With Alex Tollen!
What You Must Do as an Executor or Trustee.
What Happens when someone passes away:
1) The Probate Process
2) Executor – roles, responsibilities and fiduciary duty
3) What to do with real estate
4) Processing the distributions
Joint accounts, POA and trustee of trusts
1) To Joint account or to not Joint account: pitfalls and
risks of being a joint owner
2) POA is a better way to go for bank and brokerage
3) My parents have a trust and I am the successor trustee, now what?
a. Fiduciary responsibilities
b. It’s their money until its not
1) The “Windfall” Trap
2) How money works, compounding and total return
3) The importance of cash flow
4) Making the money last
5) Building an income base with the portfolio
6) Your budget
7) Teaching the next generation
Your advisory team:
Real Estate Professional